Sungreen

This Blog is for my Baja Bug 'SunGreen' that I am rebuilding. see more pics of the BAJA
Don't overlook the archive links, there is a lot that isn't shown

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Waiting!

While I'm waiting for my parts to come in I decided to put in the volt and oil pressure guages I already had. If I hadn't been lazy and had put in the oil pressure guage when I made the new dash, then I would have known I had no oil and I might not be in this position. But that was then and this is now. Learn from your mistakes, especially the costly ones.
Talking about learning from mistakes; when Sun was running I did a little brake work, but I didn't know that the nut for the brake drum needed 200lbs of torque and after a while stripped the splines in the brake drum... TWICE!! it hurt to pay for that when I had no job/money.
Back to the guages! yeah, so having done this before it went pretty fast and with a little planning I was able to do it pretty efficiently. I'll get pictures for it later; before and after.
Tomorrow if I have time I am going to put latches on the fiberglass front end. I'm also going to use a road sign for a front skid-plate! Its going to be sooo cool! Its a winding road sign! and I'll put another latch there to hold the front down, since it pops up in the wind. I'll definitely have a picture of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home